ButterflyEffectProcject
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the basic idea of investing small biotech companies enough, or should we try have a broader focus?

Go down

Is the basic idea of investing small biotech companies enough, or should we try have a broader focus? Empty Is the basic idea of investing small biotech companies enough, or should we try have a broader focus?

Post by HansjoergFromBEF Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:41 pm

As I did mention in my vision, an investment company could give the community the possibility to invest in promising new therapies and therefore also help to develop them.

However, just having the focus on investing is probably too narrow.

If we think about our ultimate goal: we want to accelerate the development of new therapies.

Financing, of course, is an important aspect and should be a part of the strategy.

However, we should probably consider opening the vision to something like this:

"For MS-patients and their relatives
who are dissatisfied with their lack of possibilities to support the development of new MS therapies

We establish an Organisation/Foundation that brings together other MS-patients and relatives from all over the world,
in order to provide the network and knowledge to take actions whenever there is a chance to accelerate the development of new therapies and to finally find a cure.

Unlike other MS-organisation
who directly support people with needs and focus on alleviating the consequences
this organisation invests the raised capital directly into the research and development of new MS therapies with the main goal to accelerate the development of new therapies."

I will write some other post, describing my ideas of what else such a company could do.

HansjoergFromBEF

Back to top Go down